30 Oct High Protein Dips and Spreads – 3 Recipes
I’m excited to be teaming up with Mary’s Gone Crackers to share these high protein dips that perfectly complement their crackers. Mary’s offers delicious, gluten free, plant based vegan crackers and they are perfect with these dip recipes.
In this post I’ll be sharing my recipes for high protein guacamole, tofu cream cheese dip, and stretchy mozzarella dip. I’ll also be including my recommendations for Mary’s Gone Crackers flavor pairings with each dip below.
Each dip was inspired by a specific Mary’s Gone Crackers flavor and they are perfectly made to complement the cracker.
Let’s get into it!
Mary’s Gone Crackers
I have been enjoying Mary’s Gone Crackers for years. They are one of my go to road trip snacks! I love that they are a whole plant based alternative to traditional crackers and they come in so many flavors.
My favorite flavors are the Jalapeno, Herb, and Original crackers!
I love that Mary’s crackers are an organic whole food snack option made with seeds and real plant based ingredients. The recipes I am sharing with you today are the best plant based complement to these great crackers.
High Protein Guacamole
I have to admit, I make a mean guacamole. It’s one of my go to dishes to bring to potlucks or game day. I wanted to take my recipe up a notch by making it more macro balanced with some protein.
The best way to do that is to add some white beans (navy or cannellini work great too) to the guacamole. They don’t add too much flavor, so it still tastes like it’s supposed to, but they add a ton of substance and some great plant based protein.
I’ll be pairing this high protein guacamole with Mary’s Gone Crackers Jalapeno crackers. The cool, creamy avocado really cuts through the jalapeno in the crackers to offer the perfect balance of flavor.
Tofu Cream Cheese Dip
Whenever I have a block of tofu that I need to use up fast I whip up some tofu cream cheese. I love that this cream cheese offers a source of complete plant based protein. And who doesn’t love a good cream cheese?
I keep this cream cheese plain (aka no herbs or add ins) because I will be pairing it with Mary’s Super Seed Everything crackers. In my opinion, this is the perfect classic combo. I love everything bagels with vegan cream cheese and that was definitely the inspiration for this dip.
You can also jazz this tofu cream cheese up with herbs (I love dried parsley and dill in it) to bring some extra flavors.
Stretchy Mozzarella Dip
I’ve shared versions of my homemade mozzarella with you all before (see the vegan cheese curds post for example) and it’s always a hit. Today I’ll be sharing a variation that makes for the perfect stretchy mozzarella cheese dip.
The secret ingredient in my mozzarella cheese dip is tapioca starch. It’s what makes the cheese dip stretchy and so much like the “real deal”.
I’ll be pairing this dip with Mary’s Gone Crackers Super Seed Basil and Garlic crackers. Honestly, what’s a better duo? Perfectly seasoned basil and garlic herby crackers with creamy, stretchy vegan mozzarella cheese. Yum!
You’re going to need a high speed blender to make the mozzarella dip. The guacamole can be made by hand, but I love to speed these up (literally) with a food processor. I also used my food processor to make the tofu spread, but this can be made in a high speed blender too!
Without further ado, here is the recipe! I hope you love it as much as I do. Please share your recreations with me on Instagram.
High Protein Guacamole
This guacamole is made high protein with the addition of cannellini beans. They provide a nice creamy texture and the end result still tastes like my classic guacamole.
- 1 large avocado
- 1 cup white beans
- ½ cup diced tomato, seeds removed
- ½ jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed
- ½ cup cilantro
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Add avocado and beans to a food processor and process until combined but still chunky
- Add jalapeno, tomato, cilantro, salt, pepper and lime juice
- Process until desired consistency
- Serve with Jalapeno Mary’s Gone Crackers
This tofu cream cheese is tangy, spreadable, and perfect as a dip or spread. The best part? It can be made in 10 short minutes!
Course: Appetizer, Breakfast
- 1 package extra firm tofu
- ¼ cup coconut oil, refined*
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Add tofu and coconut oil to a food processor and process until smooth
- Add the rest of the ingredient and pulse until combined
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight
- Serve with Everything Super Seed Mary’s Gone Crackers
Refined coconut oil will omit the coconut taste. If you like coconut the flavor is subtle, so unrefined may work for you.
Vegan Mozzarella Cheese Dip
This vegan mozzarella cheese dip is stretchy and great to serve with crackers or vegetables.
- ½ cup cashews
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp onion powder
- Fresh basil/sun dried tomato for garnish
- Combine all ingredients, except garnish, to a high speed blender (see notes)
- Blend for 30 seconds until well combined and very smooth
- Transfer the liquid to a small stockpot and warm to medium heat, stirring constantly
- Cheese will start to form chunks and then come together
- Remove just before it is fully combined and smooth, continuing to stir
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with sundried tomato and fresh basil
- This can be served hot or cold
- Serve with Basil & Garlic Super Seed Mary’s Gone Crackers
Note: If you don’t have a high speed blender boil the cashews for about 10 minutes before adding all ingredients to your blender. This will give you a creamy, smooth texture.