Eggless Egg Salad (with black salt and turmeric)
- 1 (14 oz.) package organic extra-firm tofu
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup each chopped carrots, onion, and celery 1 teaspoon ground roasted cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kala namak (black salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon red chile powder or cayenne
- 2 – 3 teaspoons salt
- Mash tofu in bowl with hands or back of fork. Some call to drain the tofu, I find that it’s fine the way it is if you make sure it’s extra firm.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well. It helps to refrigerate for a bit before serving.
- Smash between bread or do as I do and eat on a gluten free rice cracker. These delicious Mary’s Gone Crackers have become my favorite go-to. Try adding some zest as well with a tablespoon of your favorite relish, hot pepper garnish, or my pickled turmeric and some roasted pumpkin or sunflower seeds for added crunch.