Creamy Broccoli Almond Butter Soup
- 2 (15 ounce) cans fat-free chicken or veggie broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white potato, diced into small pieces
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped (*reserve 1/2 cup of flowerettes)
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 2 tsp. no-salt seasoning blend (all-purpose blend)
- 1 box Mary’s Gone Crackers Original Crackers
- * chop reserved broccoli flowerettes into small pieces
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds, chopped or sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated
- In large saucepan, add first 7 ingredients (do not use 1/2 cup of broccoli flowerettes) and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Remove from the heat and blend in food processor.
- Stir in almond butter, seasonings, and reserved 1/2 cup broccoli flowerettes until completely blended throughout.
- Return to low heat and allow to simmer for about 3 to 5 minutes (do not allow to boil).
- Serve with optional toppings and Mary’s Gone Crackers Original Seed or Caraway Crackers.
- Stores great for 2 weeks in fridge!