Artichoke Basil Hummus
- One 15-ounce can of organic chickpeas
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed organic lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- ¼ cup organic tahini
- 2 large organic garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons organic olive oil, plus more for topping
- ½ teaspoon organic ground cumin
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Bragg’s organic apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup chopped fresh organic basil
- ½ cup organic artichoke hearts
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine tahini and lemon juice. Process for 1 minute, scrape sides and bottom of bowl then turn on process for an additional 30 seconds. This extra time helps cream the tahini, making the hummus smooth and creamy.
- Add the olive oil, minced garlic, cumin and the salt to the whipped tahini and lemon juice. Process for 30 seconds, scrape sides and bottom of bowl then process for another 30 seconds.
- Open the can of chickpeas, empty into colander and rinse with water. Add half of the chickpeas to the food processor then process for 1 minute. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl, add remaining chickpeas and process for 1 to 2 minutes or until thick and smooth.
- The hummus may be too thick. Add the apple cider vinegar until hummus reaches desired consistency.
- Scrape the hummus into a bowl then drizzle about 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the top then sprinkle with your freshly chopped basil and artichoke hearts.
- Serve with your favorite crackers (Mary’s Gone Crackers, of course) and enjoy!