1 winter squash (cut in half lengthwise, seeds scooped out)
1 cup Mary’s Gone Crackers Savory Crumbs
1/2 med. yellow onion, diced
1 turnip or parsnip, diced
1/2 small cauliflower, chopped into small flowerets
1 small bunch of kale, stems removed, chopped
1 handful of favorite mushrooms (such as shiitake) sliced
1/2 cup Feta cheese
Preparation for Squash:
1. Bake cut-side down in glass baking dish with about one inch of water at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until the squash is soft when pierced with a fork. Set aside.
Preparation for Stuffing:
1. In pan over medium heat, add olive oil to coat, add onions and cover, stirring occasionally, until partially soft, approximately 5 minutes.
2. Add turnip and cauliflower, sauté for about 5 more minutes and then cover to steam.
3. Then add kale and mushrooms and herbs. Continue to sauté, stirring occasionally until all vegetables are soft.
4. Add crumbled Feta cheese if using and a cup of Mary’s Gone Crackers Savory Crumbs. Mix thoroughly.
5. Fill the baked squash with stuffing mixture, put in a baking pan, cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until heated through.
6. Uncover and serve!
Alternative version: Try omitting the herbs, add 1 Tablespoon of curry powder and a handful of currants or raisins.