8 oz. cream cheese (or silken tofu)
1 cup organic canned pumpkin
1/2 cup organic brown sugar
2 Tbsps. organic cornstarch
1 1/2 tsp. organic molasses
1 Tbsp. organic canola oil
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
3/8 tsp. ginger powder
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. sea salt
1 box Mary’s Gone Crackers Ginger Snap or Double Chocolate Cookies
small amount water or apple juice
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Drain liquid from cream cheese if necessary and pat dry. Combine filling ingredients in a food processor and blend for 2 minutes until smooth, scraping down as necessary.
3. Make the crust by putting one box of Mary’s Gone Crackers Ginger Snap or Double Chocolate Cookies into a food processor. While the machine is running, slowly drizzle in water or apple juice, one teaspoon at a time, just until the crumbs hold together (they shouldn’t be wet, just moist enough to stick together).
4. Spray 9-inch pie pan with vegetable oil. Press crumbs into sides of pie pan. Pour filling into Mary’s Gone Crackers Ginger Snap or Double Chocolate Cookie pie shell. Bake 30-45 minutes or until brown around the edges (top may start to crack).
5. Alternatively, try making mini-pies by using mini muffin tins that are 1 ½ inches in diameter. These should only bake for about 15 minutes or until brown around the edges.
6. Cool on wire rack and transfer to fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight, if possible.
7. Top with vegan whip cream.
Recipe from Mimi Clark, Veg Gourmet