1 cup chopped dates (dried, rolled or pitted fresh dates)
1/2 cup juice concentrate (apple or no sugar blends)
2 tsps. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups quinoa flakes (uncooked)
1 1/2 cups crushed Mary’s Gone Crackers N’Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (measure after crushed)
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt (or any other fruit flavor)
3 medium bananas (very ripe)
1 cup raisins (can substitute with dried cherries or cranberries)
4 medium egg whites (beaten to soft peaks)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine first five ingredients in a sauce pan and cook over medium heat for only about 1 minute until dates are soft. Cover and set aside.
3. Mix next five ingredients together in a large bowl and set aside.
4. In another bowl, mix the brown sugar, yogurt, raisins and mash in the bananas (or any variations).
5. Add cooked dates to banana mixture and fold in dry ingredients until moistened (Don’t over mix!).
6. Gently fold in beaten egg whites into muffin batter.
7. Spray muffin tins with vegetable spray or use muffin papers and lightly spray papers. With large ice cream scooper, fill until the batter is to top of muffin cup.
8. Top with Nancy’s Streusel Topping and bake 15-20 minutes or until the centers are not doughy. Do not over bake.
Recipe makes 18 large muffins