1 jar Mary’s Gone Crackers Original or Savory Crumbs (or crumble Mary’s Gone Crackers Sticks & Twigs or crackers)
1 cup onion (finely chopped)
2 stalks celery (finely chopped)
1/3 cup parsley (chopped)
1/2 to 3/4 lb. Shiitake or other mushrooms (sliced and chopped)
6-8 dried apricot halves, finely chopped
4 Tbsps. olive oil or other cooking oil
1/2 cup white wine (optional)
1-2 cup stock (turkey, chicken, or vegetable)
1 tsp. dried or fresh rosemary (crumbled)
1 tsp. dried or fresh sage (crumbled)
1. In a large skillet, add several tablespoons of olive oil, sauté onion on medium heat, stirring often, then cover to keep in the moisture, until soft.
2. Add celery and continue to cook several more minutes.
3. Add mushrooms and 1/2 cup wine (or a little broth). Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are nicely cooked.
4. Add parsley, herbs and chopped apricots and cook a few more minutes to blend in the flavors.
5. Turn off heat and keep covered.
6. In a large bowl, pour in Mary’s Gone Crackers Original or Savory Crumbs. Add vegetable/apricot mixture to the bowl and mix well.
7. Pour in broth and mix thoroughly. Add more liquid if needed (if stuffing a turkey, let it be drier, as the juices from the turkey will moisten it sufficiently; if baking in a casserole, adjust liquid so it doesn’t dry out).
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
9. Bake in covered casserole dish for 30 minutes at 350 degrees or until heated through and browned. Add more broth if stuffing looks too dry. Mary’s Gone Crackers Original or Savory Crumbs should absorb the liquid and soften somewhat.
Or try a favorite stuffing recipe using Mary’s Gone Crackers crumbs, crackers or Sticks & Twigs as your base.