1 4-5 lbs. pumpkin, top removed
2 Tbsp. oil
salt and ground black pepper
1 cup quinoa
2 cups vegetable broth
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup wild rice
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. olive oil
3/4 cup onion, diced
1/4 cup carrots, diced
1/4 cup celery, diced
1/4 cup fennel bulb, diced
1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
1 clove of garlic, chopped
1 Tbsp. fresh sage, chopped
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
1/4 cup dried currants
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 dash of ground cloves
2 tsp. orange zest
salt & ground black pepper
1 cup Mary's Gone Crackers Original Just the Crumbs
1/2 cup vegetable stock
1. Boil broth and salt, stir in quinoa and boil over medium heat until soft, about 20 minutes.
1. Bring wild rice, broth and salt to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to medium and cook together until tender and most grains have popped or split open. About 40 minutes.
Filling preparation and assembly
1. Cut out the top of the pumpkin, 2”-3” from the edge of the stem all the way around. Reserve the top and cut off the stringy insides. Set aside.
2. Scoop out the seeds and pith from the pumpkin. Reserve the seeds and toast for garnish, if desired.
3. Rub the inside of the pumpkin with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Roast pumpkin and top at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour until slightly soft.
5. Prepare quinoa and wild rice separately using the instructions above.
6. Heat a large frying pan over medium high heat and add oil.
7. Add diced onion, carrot and celery and cook until slightly soft, about 5 minutes.
8. Add garlic and ginger; continue to cook until vegetables are soft, another 5 minutes.
9. Remove from heat and add cinnamon, cloves, orange zest, salt and pepper.
10. Mix seasoned sautéed vegetables with prepared quinoa and wild rice.
11. Stir in dried fruit, pumpkin seeds (if desired) and Mary's Gone Crackers Original Just the Crumbs.
12. Add up to 1/2 cup of vegetable broth to moisten filling.
13. Load partially roasted pumpkin with filling and roast for 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
14. Platter, serve and enjoy!