1 cup flour blend (1/3 each: brown rice flour, millet flour, coconut flour)
1/2 cup ground flax meal (1/3 cup whole flax seeds, ground in coffee grinder, becomes 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup rice bran
2 Tbsp. whole millet
1/2 cup quinoa flakes
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup blackstrap molasses
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup raisins, firmly packed
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Lightly oil a twelve capacity muffin tin.
3. Mix the flours, ground flax seeds, rice bran, quinoa flakes, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
4. In a smaller bowl, whisk the egg and buttermilk together until well blended.
5. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until blended.
6. Add the molasses, honey and applesauce and mix well.
7. Stir in raisins and sunflower seeds.
8. Divide batter equally into the 12 muffin tins. They will be close to full.
9. Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (You can use paper muffin cups instead of oiling the pan, if desired.)