5 Granny Smith apples (should be very crisp and tart)
1/4 cup maple sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 small lemon (juice only)
1/2 cup quinoa flakes
1/2 cup walnuts or almonds, well chopped
1/2 cup Mary’s Gone Crackers Original Just the Crumbs
1/2 cup maple sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup* melted butter (or substitute with ghee, coconut oil or other light tasting oil)
*Enough fat to ensure all topping ingredients are coated but crumbly enough to sprinkle on top of the apples.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Peel, core and slice apples.
3. Put first four ingredients for apple mixture into a large bowl. Mix well and pour into a baking dish (no need to grease the dish).
4. Shake the pan to distribute the apples well.
5. Combine all topping ingredients and mix well.
6. Evenly distribute the topping on the apples and pat down.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until apples are tender and bubbly. If topping begins to brown too much, turn the heat down to 325 and cover with foil.