1 3/4 cups Mary’s Gone Crackers Ginger Snaps Cookies, crushed
1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
1 Tbsp. coconut flour
1/2 tsp. salt
4 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup cold water
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tbsp. tapioca starch
1/4 cup fresh tangerine juice
2 tsp. tangerine zest
Pinch of salt
1 chilled can of coconut milk (overnight in the fridge)
2-3 tsp. coconut palm sugar
1 vanilla bean, scraped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Blend Mary's Gone Crackers Ginger Snap crumbs with sugar, coconut flour and salt.
3. Once incorporated, drizzle melted coconut oil in and stir to combine.
4. Press into mini tart pans or muffin tins.
5. Freeze for ten minutes.
6. Bake for ten minutes and set aside.
1. In a saucepan, whisk together water, sugar, tapioca starch, and salt until tapioca starch is dissolved.
2. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
3. When mixture thickens, reduce heat to low and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
4. Pour mixture into a non-metallic bowl and add lemon juice and zest, mixing well.
5. Allow to cool and thicken at room temperature.
1. Open the chilled can of coconut milk very carefully to not shake or disturb the cream on top.
2. Scoop the firmer cream from the top and leave the clear liquid. You can save this if you want to, but it is not used in this recipe.
3. Whip with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
1. Pop the tart shells out of their pan.
2. Add the curd filling the shell 2/3 full.
3. Top with the coconut cream.
4. Garnish with ginger snap crumbs, pomegranate seeds or raspberries.