2 (15 ounce) cans fat-free chicken or veggie broth
1 cup water
1 cup white potato, diced into small pieces
1/2 cup green onion, chopped
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1 large carrot, chopped
2 cups broccoli, chopped (*reserve 1/2 cup of flowerettes)
1/2 cup almond butter (or peanut butter)
2 tsp. no-salt seasoning blend (all-purpose blend)
1 box Mary’s Gone Crackers Original Crackers or Caraway Seed Crackers
* chop reserved broccoli flowerettes into small pieces
1/4 cup toasted almonds, chopped or sliced
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup carrot, grated
1. In large saucepan, add first 7 ingredients (do not use 1/2 cup of broccoli flowerettes) and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until veggies are tender.
2. Remove from the heat and blend in food processor.
3. Stir in almond butter, seasonings, and reserved 1/2 cup broccoli flowerettes until completely blended throughout.
4. Return to low heat and allow to simmer for about 3 to 5 minutes (do not allow to boil).
5. Serve with optional toppings and Mary’s Gone Crackers Original Seed or Caraway Crackers.
Stores great for 2 weeks in fridge!